Peerless Pump Company was founded outside of Los Angeles, CA in 1923. The first pumps manufactured were designed to irrigate orange groves. After WWII in 1946 Peerless purchased a building from the Army in Indianapolis and began building the A, TU and TUT Series Horizontal Split Case Pumps.
Peerless manufactures the Vertical Turbine Pumps up to 5,000 HP with flows in excess of 100,000 GPM. They continue to build a variety of Horizontal Split Case Pumps and End Suction Pumps. Peerless produces pumps all over the globe for a variety of market segments.
In 2007 Grundfos purchased Peerless and to this day the factory remains in this same building in downtown Indianapolis. In 2014 Gilbert Pump & Mechanical was chosen to Represent Peerless for the State of Alabama and the Florida Panhandle.